Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Who in the Hell . . . Buys stuff from SkyMall magazine

A few weeks ago I was flying to Costa Rica and made the mistake of forgetting to bring a book. I'm not reading anything in particular, but a book or magazine is usually my go-to for getting out of talking to strangers. So after taking an earful from some woman on how dangerous Costa Rica is, i grabbed the SkyMall magazine out of the seat back pocket. Really? This aesthetically pleasing, yet extremely functional Basho the Sumo Wrestler Table can be mine for the low, low price of $225.
I can picture it now: some dude wakes up in a cold sweat on a plane wondering how long he is going to have to tote around separate gadgets to listen to music, write, transfer data, and record audio. Worry no more my friend. SkyMall has got you covered with this ridiculous pen.
Of all of the items I saw, the NeckPro Traction Device has to be the most odd. I think you are sending the wrong message here guys. This guys is clearly not satisfied with his life and is contemplating ending it all by hanging himself.
As worthless as all of this crap is, I still think it would be humorous if Hilary and Micah registered for wedding gifts on SkyMall.

No comments: